Quick altered photo frame feat. Little Birdie Papercrafting Medley

Originally published on 9 Sept. 2017 on the Itsy Bitsy blog.

Hi there, fellow crafters!

I have a quick project for you today--an altered photo frame featuring Little Birdie Whitewashed Alterables and Papercrafting Medley in Bryony.



Here's what I started with: I unpacked the whitewashed alterable photo frame and because these come primed with gesso, I got to adding textures straightaway.



After cheesecloth, I layered bits of chipboard embellishments, metal, and lace. I used the Irregular Dots stencil to add further texture. I went over the frame with gesso but missed taking a picture. Once the gesso was dry, I started spritzing Gold Alcohol Splash sprays in Gold Nugget, Pure Gold, Midnight Blue, and Citron Breeze.



A look at how the colors are coming along--by this time my craft table had lost the last light of day. Bright light revealed white areas where the sprays hadn't reached...I went over these with Gold Nugget.



I used floral embellishments from the Bryony Papercrafting Medley pack, and white pollen and flatback gems from the store--adding a dash of gold to the flowers and paint splatters over the entire frame using Little Birdie Chalk paint in Charcoal.  Once the inks dried, I went over the sides of the frame with gesso to cover up the stains left by the sprays.
Here's the finished project.



I told you this was a quickie! Please leave your thoughts below!



Until next time...
xoxo
Suchi



Save

Comments

Popular Posts