Two quick cards--Mother's Day and more

It was the night before mother's day, my mum was visiting me, and yet I hadn't made her anything! :( 

I had been away from my table too long. I spent Saturday fiddling with the idea of making her a quick little brag book, but then I was dividing my time between this "idea" and another mini album project for a challenge (did not make the deadline). In short, I was getting nowhere. 

So, it was past midnight on Saturday and I still did not have a present for Mum. And another engagement had already come up for Sunday afternoon. Two of our friends were moving into their new house. Again, I did not have a present for them. So it had to be cards and flowers! 

I dug into my scraps and chanced upon leftover papers from my Prima Coffee Break album, and another (much older) Kaisercraft Honey Chai album! Thankfully I also found blank card bases from Itsy Bitsy in my stash.

Sharing with you the two cards I came up with!

Prima Coffee Break card for Mum:





The glass bead centered flower is a Prima flower from the collection. The stamps are Kaisercraft and Prima.

And here is the other card for a friend's housewarming:



The green fence paper and the foil damask were my absolute favorites from this paper pad--the reason I saved them for another project. I used the Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 1 dies for the damask label. The handmade flower is from Itsy Bitsy (They make swooon-worthy flowers!) and the stamp is from Peek-a-boo designs (It is from a baby-themed stamp set). I used Ranger's Walnut Stain distress ink on the edges.
I wish I had remembered that these sheets were not double-sided. I would have avoided the white showing here. But then, that is how we learn! ;)

Thank you for stopping by today! Please let me know what you think of these. 
Have a fabulous weekend!

More soon!
xoxo
Suchi

Comments

  1. So cute, love the green! Perhaps you could distress the white that's showing. Most things look better distressed, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! YES! Inks fix everything! But, I was too tired by this time I think :/ I loveddd that green fence paper too...glad I saved it. Thanks much! xoxo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts