Friday, May 13, 2016

Two quick cards--Mother's Day and more

It was the night before mother's day, my mum was visiting me, and yet I hadn't made her anything! :( 

I had been away from my table too long. I spent Saturday fiddling with the idea of making her a quick little brag book, but then I was dividing my time between this "idea" and another mini album project for a challenge (did not make the deadline). In short, I was getting nowhere. 

So, it was past midnight on Saturday and I still did not have a present for Mum. And another engagement had already come up for Sunday afternoon. Two of our friends were moving into their new house. Again, I did not have a present for them. So it had to be cards and flowers! 

I dug into my scraps and chanced upon leftover papers from my Prima Coffee Break album, and another (much older) Kaisercraft Honey Chai album! Thankfully I also found blank card bases from Itsy Bitsy in my stash.

Sharing with you the two cards I came up with!

Prima Coffee Break card for Mum:





The glass bead centered flower is a Prima flower from the collection. The stamps are Kaisercraft and Prima.

And here is the other card for a friend's housewarming:



The green fence paper and the foil damask were my absolute favorites from this paper pad--the reason I saved them for another project. I used the Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 1 dies for the damask label. The handmade flower is from Itsy Bitsy (They make swooon-worthy flowers!) and the stamp is from Peek-a-boo designs (It is from a baby-themed stamp set). I used Ranger's Walnut Stain distress ink on the edges.
I wish I had remembered that these sheets were not double-sided. I would have avoided the white showing here. But then, that is how we learn! ;)

Thank you for stopping by today! Please let me know what you think of these. 
Have a fabulous weekend!

More soon!
xoxo
Suchi

2 comments:

  1. So cute, love the green! Perhaps you could distress the white that's showing. Most things look better distressed, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! YES! Inks fix everything! But, I was too tired by this time I think :/ I loveddd that green fence paper too...glad I saved it. Thanks much! xoxo

      Delete